Sunday, July 15, 2012

Great! Except...

I'm trying not to, but I'm having a little bit of a hard time not feeling sad tonight. As I opened my boxes of books and arranged them on my shelves, I kept leaving the top left position free, saving it for the books I use most frequently, books on writing and, because of the project I'm working on at the moment, books on Virginia Woolf. Guess which box seems to have been lost in transit? That's right; it's the most important books that don't seem to have made the journey with me. 

This is particularly frustrating because while we were staying at my friend's place before moving in here, I saw the boxes of books I'd shipped and suspected that at least one was missing. I remembered sending 9, I thought, and there were only 7 there. But, there was not space to be unpacking all those boxes in her house, so I just left them until now. I sent them through a small Postal Annex in Portland, so I can easily call to complain, but it's been a month. What good will it do? What other options are there? 

It will be okay, I know. But I am just a little bit sad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment